- Support internal growth of COEIT affiliated clubs and organizations.
- Encourage collaboration and connections with outside companies and organizations.
- Support opportunities and relationships with professional organizations.
- These funds should be used to support projects or events directly related to the organization’s mission.
- The Student Club or organization requesting funding must be officially recognized by Campus Life and SGA.
- The funding request must be aligned with COEIT’s academic mission.
- Any planned activity must be conducted consistent with all UMBC policies and guidelines.
- The funds must be spent during the academic year in which they are requested.
- Student organizations may request funds for only one project or event per academic year.
✔ Prepare to submit by collecting the following information.
- Names and contact information for the COEIT organization and any non-COEIT/non-student partner organizations, including faculty advisor name(s).
- Short description of funding goals.
- Budget (uploaded as an Excel, Word, or PDF document) and description of other sources of funding.
✔ Submit your request at least 4-6 weeks (and preferably six weeks) prior to the date needed
- For best consideration, submit the funding request by the third Monday of each month.
- The COEIT Dean’s Office team makes funding decisions by the third Thursday of each month.
- Email notification will be sent to the primary requester within two weeks of the decision.
✔ Complete the COEIT Student Organizations — Funding Request form (https://forms.gle/8srSVtPKVjCBp14M6) Note: You must be signed into myUMBC to access the application form.
- Any files that are uploaded will be shared with the COEIT Dean’s Office team that manages funding requests.
- Approved requests will be funded via reimbursement or the funds will be transferred to your organization’s account (valid UMBC chart-string is required).
✔ After the funds have been spent. Complete the COEIT Student Organizations — Report form (https://forms.gle/znZ9Y9DtLbKRQUkw8) Note: You must be signed into myUMBC to access the application form.
- Any activity files (including expense statements) that are uploaded will be shared with the COEIT Dean’s Office team that manages funding requests.
- Any photos or videos may be shared with Communications team to share on COEIT/UMBC websites, UMBC News, or other platforms including social media.
- Failure to submit this in a timely manner may result in a delay in reimbursement. Clubs or organizations that received funding and did not submit a final report may not be eligible for funding for the next academic year.
✔ At the end of academic year
- Any unused funds may be returned to the College.
- Student organizations may reapply for funds in subsequent years.