Many students at UMBC start out in research by working in a faculty member’s lab. Find out more about faculty research by visiting departments & units to see if lab tours or announcements about opportunities are available so you can match your interests with faculty research programs. Explore examples of some of the research conducted by undergraduate students in majors within the College of Engineering and Information Technology.
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
Other structured programs that may provide hands-on research experience may include the following.
- Departmental honors programs (check departments & units websites for additional information)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) at UMBC
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program
- MARC U*STAR (Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate Student Training in Academic Research)
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
Check out UMBC’s Undergraduate Research website for more information!