Many students at UMBC start out in research by working in a faculty member’s lab. Find out more about faculty research by visiting their department website to see if lab tours or announcements about opportunities are available so you can match your interests with faculty research programs. See below for examples of some of the research conducted by undergraduate students in majors within the College of Engineering and Information Technology.
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
Other structured programs that may provide hands-on research experience may include the following.
- Departmental honors programs (check department websites for additional information)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute at UMBC
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program
- MARC U*STAR (Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate Student Training in Academic Research)
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
Check out UMBC’s Undergraduate Research website for more information!