The complete description of the College of Engineering and Information Technology (COEIT) Collaborative Student Funding Program [PDF] is available.
- Recognize the tremendous leadership potential of COEIT-affiliated student organizations
- Encourage collaborations between the leaders and members of COEIT-affiliated student organizations
- Support COEIT-affiliated student organizations in external engagement and outreach and membership development activities that elevate our College
Two or more student organizations who collaborate on joint activities, projects, events, programs, or affinity groups.
- Student organizations are all officially recognized by Campus Life and SGA
- Planned activity will be conducted consistent with all UMBC policies and guidelines
- Not limited to alumni or professional panels or seminars, community outreach activities, and professional development
- Proposals chosen will receive financial support via reimbursement
- Collaborations are eligible up to $1,000 each ($5,000 total awarded each academic year)
- Preference will be given to activities that are collaborations between COEIT-affiliated student organizations. Activities in collaboration with other UMBC student organizations will also be considered
✔ Submit your request at least four weeks (and preferably six weeks) prior to the planned event
✔ Prepare to submit by collecting the following information
- Names and contact information of each student organization and any non-COEIT/non-student partner organizations, including faculty advisor name(s)
- Event name, date, location, and short description (1000-character limit)
- Event budget (uploaded as an Excel, Word, or PDF document) and description of other sources of funding
✔ Complete the COEIT Student Funding Request at https://goo.gl/forms/Z9ydgEJZ8BGHpXGz2
Note: You must be signed into myUMBC to access the application form.
The Dean’s offer will endeavor to respond to applications within two weeks from submission
Inquiries about the status of your funding request application may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org