The Engineering and Computing Education Program (ECEP) officially launched in March 2019. The program intends to support activities inside the classroom and in research that spotlight trends and ideas in the changing landscape of engineering and computing education.
The College of Engineering and Information Technology’s vision is “to be a top-tier college of engineering and information sciences that is renowned for integrating undergraduate and graduate education, research and innovation, and service to address evolving global needs.” ECEP strives to supports this vision by achieving the following goals:
- Advance the engineering and computing professions by establishing multidisciplinary pathways for elevating student success and educating the next generation of socially and ethically conscious scientists and engineers.
- Develop and deliver innovative, multidisciplinary engineering and computing courses and programs.
- Model and advocate for scholarly, evidence-based teaching within our college.
- Integrate pedagogical discovery, practice, and dissemination through leading edge engineering and computing education research.
- Serve as an incubator for new ideas and programs that shape the future of engineering and computing education.
- Support college engagement and outreach related to engineering and computing education.
ECEP Team Members
Director of Research and Assessment, Maryland Center for Computing Education
Engineering and Computing Education Program (ECEP)
+1 443 243 0509
Lecturer and Assistant Graduate Program Director of Professional Engineering Programs
Division of Professional Studies
Information Technology & Engineering 218
+1 410 455 0616
Associate Director (CWIT) / Research Assistant Professor (ECEP)
Center for Women in Technology
Information Technology & Engineering 452C
+1 410 455 3109
Director, Maryland Center for Computing Education
Engineering and Information Technology
+1 301 445 2795
Director of Education & Outreach and Professor of the Practice
College of Engineering and Information Technology
Information Technology & Engineering 217H
+1 410 455 6324